Sunday, December 4, 2011

This week's meals (Dec. 5-10 2011)

Monday- black bean burritos
Tuesday-homemade vegetable soup
Wednesday- Youth
Thursday- leftover soup
Friday- deer burgers and sweet potato fries
Saturday- sun dried tomato and basil frittata (see post for Fri. Nov. 18)

Okay, so I should have planned ahead a little better this week.  I was going to have the soup on Monday since it's going to be a dreary, cold, rainy day, but I forgot to get the deer meat out of my mother-in-law's freezer so soup will have to wait.  Some things I may start making ahead of time on the weekend so I just pop it in the oven on the weeknight.  My creative juices for super quick weeknight meals are dwindling. 

For the black bean burritos I will soak the beans tonight, cook them in the slow cooker tomorrow along with garlic, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, and onion powder.  When I get home I will probably cook some potatoes diced up with onions to go alongside the burritos.  I'll take whole wheat tortillas and add the cooked beans, Mexican cheese blend, and salsa.  Voila!  Dinner is served!

For the homemade vegetable soup I have some bags of frozen tomatoes, squash, field peas, lima beans, and lentil soup mix.  I plan on dumping all into the crockpot along with some browned deer meat and onions and spices.  I grew up with semi-spicy soup so I'll probably add a little Tabasco for flavor along with salt and pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment